The kid in the house received lots of gifts this Christmas, most of which cause more clutter in the house. Well, she enjoyed playing with these toys for a day or two but after that there is no chance of finding the other parts or pieces to keep these toys intact.
1. toy clay----she received this at school----she was jubilant about it for each colored clay was beautifully packaged in colorful jars with cute animal molders and all placed inside a see-through bag---well, I was happy about it for a while for it kept her busy molding and shaping all sorts of stuff for a couple of days. Then the clay, containers, etc. started to disappear and much of the clay is plastered on the marble floor! I found out that clay plastered on the floor is not easy to remove. You need to really scrape the whole thing off with something sharp. Oh boy.
2. toy money---the bills and coins are too numerous to count---on day two, they're everywhere on the floor----day 3, I started throwing them into the garbage bin
3. make-up set----small tiny pieces of make-up pieces complete with tiny hair brushes, toy lipstick, mirror, cologne bottle, hair clips, etc.---all in the garbage bin
4. tiny ones made in China dolls----the extremities of these dolls are so frail they get detached the moment you touch them----all mangled and meant to be thrown into the trash can.
5. small jigsaw puzzles---my, they're everywhere! Grrrr...
And a lot more. In giving toy gifts to a kid, I suggest choosing something that is large and easy to locate and keep.