Saturday, May 30, 2009
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
By Ryan Patterson
LOS ANGELES, Calif. -Hope you enjoyed your Memorial Day weekend! If you go by the old style rule, you can officially wear white now!
But white can be a little trickier to pull off, because it’s less forgiving than darker colors. InStyle Senior Style Editor Sydne Bolden Long shares her tips for how to do white right.
“For white jeans, which I think are a must-have for Summer, I suggest cutting out the front pockets for a clean look. Many designer jeans have faux front pockets. But I think if you find a flattering jean, just take it to your tailor and have them cut the front pockets and sew them closed.”
“I think the most universally flattering pants on most body shapes are the classic sailor pant in white. It’s a fun look; the wide leg can balance hips and if you have a boyish figure go for a trimmer leg and a heel to add length. Nautical is always a Summer trend,” according to Sydne.
“This season, white is a great base for the bright pink, yellow and orange neon accents in clothing. It makes those colors really pop!”
“I absolutely love a white t-shirt with everything this season - under a vest, under a boyfriend blazer with skinny jeans, underneath a wispy camisole dress… so fresh! My all time favorite is either Petit Bateau or 3 Dots,” says Sydne. “They are thicker and you don’t have to worry about the sheer factor.”
Sydne stresses that “nude underpinnings are a must when wearing white. Nude full cut panties are my favorites with pants and skirts because they add extra coverage and comfort. You can even go for a slimming one underneath garments for added smoothing.”
The above article explains everything.
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Hey, don't just look, but take a real close look at these bags that are worth a house and lot each. Yep, the famous Hermes line that local celebrities like Sharon Cuneta, Gretchen Baretto, Ruffa Mae Quinto, and even Korina Sanchez have possession of. In fact Sharon and Greta are rumored to have not only one but a collection of these high-end imported crocodile and Ostrich bags by Hermes. The estimated worth per bag? Php 3.5 million! Huh! I could get a house and lot for a million. Aaahhh....totally sinful!
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Saturday, May 9, 2009
Thursday, May 7, 2009
A student at a local dormitory for girls has been the subject of gossip because she thrives on others' things. She never buys her own stuff including clothes. She would borrow her dormmates' blouses and pants, sometimes without their permission.
Borrowing is very similar to begging. But in borrowing there is this unwritten contract that the item borrowed will be returned. But how do you return lipstick or cologne borrowed from a friend? That's hard.
So guys, don't be a leech. Buy your own stuff. Stop borrowing people's things. It's a shame!
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Monday, May 4, 2009
People wonder how I am able to keep my figure fit and trim despite my age because people at this age generally slacken and put on unwanted pounds in the most visible areas. When asked, I'd usually give them the following twenty dieting strategies that have helped me maintain a youthful figure.
1. BRUNCHING. Brunch is short for breakfast and lunch combined. By eating only one meal instead of two, you will already save your body from additional calories that you usually put on a single meal. So instead of eating breakfast at 6 or seven in the morning, have a good meal at around 10:30 and that's it. You will be too full to eat another meal for lunch.
2. HYDRATE YOURSELF every now and then. Drink lots of water when any sign of hunger starts to come. Water will give you the feeling of fullness, and it is also serves as a very good cleansing agent.
3. NO SODAS. Skip the drinking of sodas, or any sweetened drink. Just stick to the good old reliable water.
4. FOR SNACKS bring carrot sticks to your work or school. Aside from being a good source of beta-carotene, carrots sticks are easy to prepare.
5. CRACKERS. Snack on crackers when hungry.
6. Eat a bit of cheese before eating. This is said to reduce your craving for huge amount of food.
7. AVOID parties. This is where you usually get those unwanted pounds. So try to avoid attending too many parties for these will only tempt you to eat.
8.OATMEAL. From time to time, have whole days of nothing but oatmeal. You can choose weekends to have full days of nothing but oatmeal.
9. MOVE. While eating, you might want to multi-task at the same time. You can order food that is healthy and ready to go so you can actually eat it on the go.
10. NOTHING AFTER SIX. This method works with a lot of people. They eat nothing after six o'clock in the evening and this has successfully made a lot of people lose weight.
11. AN APPLE A DAY. So you have two full days with nothing but oatmeal. Since there are seven days a week, you can also have one day with nothing but an apple per meal.
12. EAT VEGAN. Avoid red meat. Learn the vegan way of dieting, and that means eating nothing but veggies. There are substitute vegan "meat" to satisfy your craving for meat.
13. EAT SLOWLY. A person who enjoys his food will chew the food slowly, thus allowing faster absorption. The tendency to eat fast will make people eat more. So learn to enjoy your food by not doing it in a rush.
14. GO SLOW ON THE CARBS. Bad carbs easily translate into sugar which is a very big factor of obesity.
15. FRUITS AND VEGGIES will keep the body healthy as they do not contain cholesterol that will make you sick. As much as possible have fruits and veggies on the dining table everyday.
16. MEASURE the amount of food you take in terms of calories. Be consicious of what each food will do to your body. By being meticulously aware of food calories, you will actually be careful not to overstock your body with unwanted poundage.
17. EAT HOME. Dining out will only make you order food that will make you gain weight. Make it a habit to eat at home.
18. SKIP THE COFFEE. Coffee also contains sugar, so the best way to avoid needless sugar in the body is to skip coffee during your coffee breaks.
19. VITAMIN C will help in the breaking down of food and fats in the body, so have an ample dose of it everyday.
20. SLEEP at the right time. Staying up late will give you more chances of snacking in the middle of the night. You know what this will do to you, so sleep on time.
There you are---20 tips and tricks to achieve that enviable physique.
Sunday, May 3, 2009
If you are serious about losing weight, exercise your way to it. Exercise is fun and healthy. It may come in a lot of forms---sports, dancing, games, and all the fun thing that involves physical movement.
One slimming pill to avoid is one that has the terms "white" and "pearl" on the label and is Made in China or Taiwan.