How to Apply Blush on...
Blush has a tendency to darken with body heat, so make sure you apply blush sparingly. And always apply color cosmetics in natural light whenever possible so you know exactly what your make up will look like.
1. Find the apple of your cheek by smiling into a mirror. Choose a good blusher brush. Then, pick up some blusher color with the brush and shake off the excess.
2. Apply blush by brushing the cheek color lightly over the apple of the cheek using short, up-and-down vertical strokes moving toward the top of your ear in a teardrop shape with the thinner part at the top and the wider part pointing toward your nose.
3. Blend into your foundation and at the hairline, with one soft horizontal motion on the top of the vertical strokes, without brushing any color onto the hair.
4. If it looks like you have too much blusher. Apply blush by dusting cheeks with powder to tone down the color.
5. If you still feel that you need a little more color on your face, you can add a little blush across your forehead by brushing a very slight coat of cheek color just above the eyebrows.
Proper Way to Choose Right Blusher Colors...
You need to choose blusher colors from either the warm or cool palette, depending on the undertone of your skin. If you have a cool skin undertone you will want to apply blush colors that are cool such as pink or mauve. If you have a warm undertone you will be more comfortable with colors that have yellow or orange tones.