♥ Lookin' for something specific? Search!!! ♥

Saturday, June 2, 2007

Once upon a time....


Once upon a time, when my children were still kids in high school, I got the biggest surprise of my life when they concocted a sort of program for me on Mother's Day. I am sharing this now because of the coming of Father's Day on June 17, some of you might get some ideas from this experience.


I just got back from the market and I was about to step inside the house when they gave me a surprise dramatic welcome. They had prepared the house in such a way that there was supposed to be a grand program that was going to happen and they were hosting it. They sat me at a chair in the middle of the sala and started the program. Of course, there was no big audience to witness that surprise program except my helper and our two dogs. But there I sat like a queen because they gave me a scepter and crowned me as "the best mother in the world" along with a sash bearing that title. It was such a big surprise to me that I did not know what to say.


See? My kids were being creative. They didn't have money to buy me anything but they had given me the greatest affirmation.


Happy Fathers' Day to all dads and also to moms who act as dads in the family.

No comments: